Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Why Andy can't put on weight

I have a colleague who can't put on weight. Honestly, I've watched him down three people's deserts in one sitting. The other day he ate chocolate cake for breakfast. He deserves to be huge. But he's not.

I've always wondered why, until I watched him at one of our events. He charged around the place, setting up, taking down, talking, dancing, sliding the giant slide, jumping hugging.

While I sat, like a proper adult, watching on the sidelines, he was like a child, totally absorbed and having 100% fun.

I remember being at primary school, and still playing at lunch and recess, but when I reached year 7 it became somehow uncool to charge about the playground (now more respectfully called a quadrangle) and cooler to sit around talking about how often we shaved our legs and the new blue eyeshadow we bought on the weekend.

I know we have to grow up, but do we have to loose our energy and spontaneity too. Maybe we should all just start channelling our inner Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment