Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Come climb with me

I wrote, early on in February about presence. Every week I go to yoga and struggle to be present. The most challenging times are in the least challenging poses, when my mind will wander off to home or work or (more commonly) breakfast.

The one sport I've found that really clears my mind is indoor climbing. Honestly, you're suspended in the air, 50 metres above the ground, the only thing you can think of is the next hand hold or next foot hold and making it to the top.

I've had times when my mind has been spinning, obsessing with a particular thought. One climb will clear it.

If you'd like to try climbing but never had anyone to try it with you let me know. I'm happy to meet up and have a climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment