Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Moving with a tribe

I mentioned in my intro that this year Ali and I decided to bring our tribe along with us on fit and fabulous February. Our tribe are our firends, colleagues, acquaintances, gym buddies and their friends colleagues etc etc.

For those of you who read the master -Seth Godin you'll be the familiar with the concept of tribes. If you haven't read his book, buy it, it will bring out the tribal leader in you.

My colleague reminded me today why it's important that we don't do this FFF thing alone- why we move in tribes.

Once a month at work we have cake. And not just your ordinary cake; this is a slab of  luscious, moist, thick iced chocolate cake with extra layers of dark and white chocolate. While cake is not officially banned in fit and fabulous February - me and my colleague are aiming for weight loss and good nutrition, so eating that chocolate cake wouldn't have helped.

My colleague spied me in the room and said out loud. 'I'm only going to have chocolate cake if Adrienne has it.' Needless to say neither of us had cake.

Our tribe keeps us motivated and honest we help each other stick to our commitments. Long live the fit and fabulous February tribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment