Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Friday, February 11, 2011

Better to have blogged and lost than never to have blogged at all

I'm not sure if my friend Jo has read this blog but if she has then she will no doubt have noticed the many and various spelling and grammatical errors. The other day I spelled queue, 'cue' and I'm sure there are many more than that.

My friend Shari says that the art of writing is the art of applying bum to chair. She's right. Many of us dream of writing, but we're held back of our fear of producing something far from perfect. It takes a certain amount of courage to be prepared to make mistakes. To risk writing crap.

Kate Grenville,who dreams up her best ideas in the shower,  talks about the beautiful perfection of the story before she commits it to paper. At that moment, she says, it's perfect.


The thing is, I'm busy. Gym, work, child, life. A never ending succession of alarm, gym, work, home, preparing for the next day sleep, alarm, gym,work ... you get the picture.

So my choice is this, dream the perfect blog and never write anything, or blog with a few inconsequential ** spelling errors. I choose to blog! 

** I apologise to Jo for the use of the word inconsequential. Spelling and grammar are important. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment