Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Sunday, February 6, 2011

All hail to the trainer

Aly forgot to take his shoes to RPM (spin) yesterday and so had to sit the class out. So naturally, I decided to give him a work out of my own (get your mind out of the gutter people).

Inspired by watching a aqua class and Sydney's high temperatures I decided we'd jump into our pool and get water work out. This is what I learned ...

It is not easy to be a trainer. Firstly there is the planning and researching the best exercises. Then there is getting the balance right -you can't let them get too bored, there needs to be enough repetition, but not too much.

Also, an hour is a long time. Not a long time, say, to watch an episode of "The Biggest Loser" - an hour of the biggest Loser passes in a flash. But if you have to keep someone motivated it seems to take forever.

I think the low point of the class may have been when the post-it-note I wrote the list of exercises on blew into the water and sunk to the bottom of the pool.

So, to anyone who has ever trained me, to Lou Lou, to Nina and especially to Amazing Cate. I raise my protein shake to you. I now appreciate the effort you all go to every week to make your sessions interesting and inspirational.

1 comment:

  1. Wait. Clarification required. When you say 'our pool', do you mean your own personal, in your own back yard pool? If so, then I'm hoping you spent all Saturday in there. From Louise

    ReplyDelete