Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shoes!

Sarah Jessica Parker can definately rock a pair of high heels, but I wonder if she knows she's helping the world to shorten their calves one stilletto at a time.

High heels have never been so high, and so trendy. I blame Sarah Jessica Parker who can even make the normally trashy shorts and stillettos combo look amazing.

I haven't always worn heels. In the early 90's I was a confirmed Doc Martens fan (I had a pair of size six greasy bucked Docs I wore all the time). It was my friend The Glamourous Jas who introduced them into my life. At first I saved them for special occassions, but now, let's just say I'm starting to feel my height.

I didn't realise how often I wore heels until I walked into the staff kitchen at my work bare-footed, and a colleague asked if something was wrong, before realising it was just that I was two inches shorter than normal.

But heels are not good for you. They throw your body out of allignment, put super amounts of pressure on your feet and limit the motion on the ankle joint. I know all this and I'm certain that Sarah Jessica Parker and her alter-ego Carrie Bradshaw did too. I have lower back aches, strange rough patches on the bottom of my feet and exceedingly tight calves.

I'm like the smoker who never reforms because they never think the worst will happen to them. I just can't give up my heels!

No comments:

Post a Comment