Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Butterflies



I’ve learned to embrace my inner butterfly.




You know, the one with the iron, bat-like wings that flaps and flutters before any nerve-racking moment, the one that makes my heart race and my armpits leak and hands shake, the one that wakes me up every ten minutes the night before a race.




I used to hate it. I used to avoid it. I used to hide from it.




Now (even though I still find it uncomfortable to have those  giant wings batting inside me) I welcome it. 




Over the past few years I’ve watched some awesome people meet some amazing goals. All of them were plagued by butterflies. All of them ignored the incessant flutter. All of them thought the result was worth it. 




Through them I've learned that the butterfly only hangs out when I’m out of my comfort zone and pushing boundaries.




So now I know that the butterfly is a harbinger of change, I embrace it as a sign of the good things to come.







For more information on what those butterflies actually are check out http://greatist.com/happiness/stomach-butterflies/

No comments:

Post a Comment