Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Monday, February 17, 2014

Letter from my death bed

Have you ever written yourself a letter, as though you were writing from your deathbed? It's illuminating. It has a way of cutting through the crap the everyday, the stuff you have to do and get straight to the point of what you SHOULD be doing. 

I had to do this recently as an exercise for my career coach (she has a tough, long job ahead of her!).

It was a  tough, and emotional task, but very quickly I got to the point. There are things, important things, that I didn't want left undone and things. Things that, should they continue to be left undone, I would regret.

I've always believed in living life with no regrets, but looking back from my own deathbed I realised that I've avoided what is hard (but most meaningful) by never taking a moment to sit back and reflect.

If you get the chance to write yourself a letter as if you're on your deathbed, do it. It's not an easy task but you're sure to find it eye, and heart, opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment