Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hunting beauty

So today, in the pursuit of a happier life, I've been trying to find beauty in the small things. The idea came from Rik Hansen, who emails me weekly with tips and tricks for a happier life.

My task today was to hunt out beauty in the everyday things (in fact to "Hunt for beauty like a child looking for seashells on a bountiful beach", and this is where I found it:


  • The grimace on a client's face as she achieved a personal best dead lift
  • The colour of my daughters eyes
  • Bright green basil mayo on my burnt orange sweet potato chips
  • My dog's tail
  • our newly painted brick wall
  • A client's new trainers
  • Sun reflected from a tinted window in main street Parra

If I hadn't been hunting these would all have been things I never noticed. I definitely felt less stressed and ... well happier. 

I think I might go on another beauty hunt tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment