Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Flexible or a push over?

I've always wondered where to draw the line between when to be flexible and accommodating of other people's needs and when to 'draw the line' and put my own needs first. There's a balance there somewhere and I don't think I've found it.

Ponder on this this. There's a chocolate you like, but when you get to the supermarket there's only one left, and two of you reaching for it at the same time. What do you do?

I'd definitely offer it up to the other person. Which is fine sometimes ... but always??? Am I not equally as deserving? Why wouldn't the other person offer it up to me? Does taking it myself make me greedy? If so why would I never see the other person as equally as greedy?

I'm not offering up a solution here, because I don't have one, other than to say there is nothing wrong with being selfish.

I'd love to hear what other people think ...

A

No comments:

Post a Comment