Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fitchick challenge: Metabolic conditioning

So, if a personal trainer comes to you with the words 'metabolic conditioning session' my advice to you is to run, fast, preferably not in the direction of the treadmill.

Metabolic conditioning is intense training that's designed to make the body use energy more efficiently. Metabolic conditioning workouts tend to be short but intense, and are, unfortunately ideal for helping me to  get in shape for the fitchick challenge.

Nina my trainer (formerly known as the pocket rocket but from now on known as 'the bitch'*) put me through the following workout yesterday. 1km run, 150 skips. 800m run, 50 burpees. 600 metre run, 50 over the bench jumps. 400m run, some abominable exercise that was obviously so awful I've put it out of my mind**, 200m run, 50 mountain climbers.

This was followed by a five minute hanging of the head to prevent vomiting and then a ten minute collapse on the floor.

Uggghhh ...

*Nina could in no way actually be considered  a bitch. She is in fact awesome and probably the fittest person I know. I'm thinking of getting her to pretend to be me to compete in fitchick.

** I've remembered it was squat jumps, but by the time I got onto them I was feeling so stuffed that i couldn't coordinate swinging my arms with the jump.

1 comment:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading about it! think I need to go sit down and take a break.

    ReplyDelete