Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fitchick challenge: I can

I get the feeling that this fitchick challenge is going to be a more mental than physical challenge. Firstly, there's the fact that I've only just learned skills like kettle bell swings, thrusters and deadlifts. But more than that, too often I let those words 'I can't' creep into my head.

Yesterday, during a particularly evil rowing session I noticed that my mind gave up way before my body was ready to. As soon as the words 'I can't slithered like a snake into my head I felt like I was totally finished. So, on the next round I tried something different. I rowed to the words "I can". It was the last of five rounds, I was exhausted but I did my best time of all five rows. So, from now until the fitchick challenge I am running, pressing, lifting and pulling to the tune of 'I can'.

And who knows, my little mantra might creep over into other parts of my life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment