Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Months of Muscle: The affair

It started off as nothing at all. A few flirtatious moments. The odd sideways glance. But isn't that the way these things always start?

Pretty soon, the heat picked up and I found that I couldn't stop thinking ... what if?

Then there was the physical contact. It was supposed to be nothing, but the heat and intensity of the passion couldn't be denied. I kept going back for more.

It meant nothing, I swear. Not then. Not like us. Did I ever think it would lead me to break my commitments, all my promises to you? No. it's just, well, we'd become repetitive. Every day, every week began to seem the same. Day in, day out, our relationship had become a hard slog.

I thought 'one time can't hurt' but one time was enough to get me going back for more. The passion when we were together was intense. The laughter , the sweat, and the tears.

Then the demands started. Demands on my mind, demands on my time. Suddenly,  there were commitments, financially and emotionally, and my new love became hard to hide. Now, I know, there is no going back, my heart has moved on.

I'm sorry months of muscles I'm leaving you ... for a triathlon ...


No comments:

Post a Comment