Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ten things I like about me: 5 - I'm a great mother

Not so long ago this is probably something I never would have written about myself.

The proof of the pudding, is however, in the eating. And my daughter is everything I hoped she would be. Kind, passionate, beautiful, genuine, quick-whitted, and a great shopper. ***. And, while I didn't by any means do it alone, I know I put together a pretty good piece of her.

It's taken courage and strength to let her go and be her own person, to allow her make mistakes. Tempting as it was to cosset her, I didn't and I'm glad. There is so much pleasure in watching her grow and learn on her own terms, in her own way. 

She's a great teenager and will soon be a fantastic adult and I was one of the people that made the wise choices that gave her the space to be that way.

*** Well everything but clean, but clean came pretty low down the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment