Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Welcome to February

It's February again, and time for a new Fit and Fabulous February.

For those of you who can't remember, or don't care, or don't care to remember, it was Fit and Fabulous February, before Michelle Bridges, before crossfit, before half-marathons and before triathlon that started my fitness journey.

Once a year my husband and I would take stock of our fitness and overall health, set new goals and officially start our 'new year'. It's no coincidence that the first Fit and Fab Feb followed my only ever 'year of eating dangerously'**. Early on the focus was weight loss, but gradually transitioned to focus on fitness.  Now,  a whole bunch of people are joining us to Fit and Fabulous Feb and I'm sure that one year the whole thing will take off.

What are the rules of FFF? The only rule is that you need to set a goal and check in with the FFF crew as the month goes by.  My husband and I like to give up alcohol, but that's a personal choice.

I also need to catch many of you up on what I've done since blogging about the somewhat disappointing fitchick challenge last April. It's been an exciting time. Firstly I had my first serious back injury. Then I recovered from the injury (if a Physio gives you exercises do them!!) in time to train for my first Olympic distance triathlon in Noosa while at the same time getting my personal training qualification. I'm not certain the direction I'm going with it yet, but it's great to know I've got it behind me.  And I've done it all with the support of my family, and a great bunch of online and offline friends and supporters.

So, welcome to FFF 2013, I hope you find this blog interesting and sometimes inspiring. i love writing it as it brings together my two passions (writing and fitness). Thanks to everyone who has been part of making me fitter and more fabulous.

** Not a good idea ...




No comments:

Post a Comment