Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Months of Muscle: Losing and Winning

So, you know about the month of muscle but what what you may not know is, at the end of it all there is a prize, with a trophy.

When I was a kid my sister had trophies, and medals. I'm guessing if i saw them now they would be small plasticky things. They are probably also a lot smaller than I remember ***, but boy I used to spend time staring at those trophies ... and wishing.

So the thought of winning that prize kept me motivated, and, like the other awesome people who did the program with me, I thought I was in with a chance.

Sadly, it was not to be **** and last night, at the finale party I started to get a little down. And then someone did something special. The winner of the last round pulled plastic medals out of her purse and hung one around each of our necks. In an instant I was reminded that we were all winners. I didn't take that medal off all night and at the end of the night I hung it with my triathlon, half marathon and city to surf medals as a reminder of just how far the month of muscles has brought me.

But the medal reminded me of much more. It reminded me that my original goal was to wear my bikini to finale night and whilst I had technically worn my bikini (I threw an orange see-through dress over the top) I hadn't really fulfilled my goal. So I whisked my dress off and danced, hands above head in bikini and high heels.

And suddenly ... I was the winner ...


*** I've found that as I've aged things have become smaller. The big pineapple and the big banana in particular.

**** You should see the abs on the fantastic guy that did win ...

No comments:

Post a Comment