Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Monday, October 17, 2011

Months of Muscle: The triathlon

I remember the night before the half-marathon. I tossed and turned all night and when I did sleep I dreamed of the race (actually of not making the race). I wondered at the time why I bothered to put myself under such unnecessary stress and vowed never to do it again!

Which is why when the opportunity came up I jumped at the chance of participating in a triathlon.

I have less than two weeks to prepare. I haven't run since the half-marathon. I haven't swam for more than two years. I haven't ridden since I was about 12. My only access to a bike is my daughter's already second- hand mountain bike.

Not to mention that the triathlon breaks all the Month of Muscle no cardio rules.

But I just couldn't help it ... it was a challenge and I had to take it up.

No doubt, the night before I'll be tossing and turning again. But then something (past experience) tells me that when I cross that finish line it will be worth it.

Now let me see if I can still ride ... I've been told it's just like riding a bike ...

No comments:

Post a Comment