Adrienne Jerram

Adrienne Jerram

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Changing rooms

Fitness is a lonely place. No matter who you work out with, or take your motivation from, in the end it's comes down to you; you and the road, you and your bike, you and the voices in your head.

So, how glad am I that I have my change room buddies. I feel like I know their lives, jobs and families, yet I've never been to their homes. I know their struggles, their ups and downs, and they know mine. Our conversations are restricted to 7.20am-7.45am every Monday and every Friday, but that doesn't stop us finding out about each other.

I'm told that no one makes friends in the men's change room. It's more about comparing penis size, maxing out the deodorant and then getting the hell out of there before someone notices you're checking out the size of their penis.

Maybe men are happier to walk a more lonely life, but I'm glad i've got my change room buddies, and I'm sure they are glad they have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment